We excel in helping organizations achieve business results by developing communication programs that are measurably effective. We diagnose how well your current systems are working and develop practical solutions that get the results you need.
Developing Focused Diagnostics
We’ve built our business on quickly and accurately finding the match-ups and misalignments between what your company needs to achieve and your current approach to getting there.
Our initial assessments provide a baseline against which to measure your success. While many of the diagnostics we use may seem familiar, our copyrighted questions often produce surprising answers.
Some of our diagnostic tools include:
- Communication audits
- Engagement surveys
- Starch Test
- Readership surveys
- Focus groups
- Content analysis
- Publication analysis
- Pilot/control group studies
- International impact assessment
- Web / intranet usage analysis
Providing Practical Solutions
We partner with you in developing strategic plans that align corporate business goals with your internal or external audiences, or both. Here are several practical solutions we’ve developed for clients.
- Aligned communicators and HR management through a facilitated strategic planning process, including an assessment of the perceived strengths and weakness of their employee communication program, and the opportunities and threats facing it (a SWOT analysis).
- Refocused a client’s media relations planning process to better integrate messages sent from various internal and external communication functions to the same audiences.
- Developed a long-term measurement strategy for an HR program that includes pretesting materials, ongoing knowledge testing and tracking communications against operational outcomes.
- Merged the best of two communication programs during an acquisition.
- Trained entire communication departments at several clients in a consistent way to plan and measure their work
Achieving Business Results
The best way to illustrate what we can do for you is to highlight what we’ve done for some of our clients.
- Directed a controlled pilot study that proved a new approach to communication within call centers improved the accuracy of answers to customer questions by over 60%.
- Identified specific operational information blockages between pairs of departments that were reducing productivity.
- Pinpointed the reason safety was suffering in certain locations for a shipping company, and developed simple solutions to stop it.
- Helped develop a behaviorally focused internal consulting function, including a template for the planning process and an assessment tool, to track the success of the projects.